Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

I was holding out for an Easter basket this year. This is my first Easter: A. away from my family, B. without church, C. without brunch, and D. without so much as one Cadbury egg.

But I'm loving it.

I thought about buying easter candy, a basket, plastic grass, and plastic eggs at CVS last night. I had it all planned out. Fill my basket with all sorts of treats and goodies, slam a few beers, fall asleep, wake up surprised. Nothing like creme eggs and a hangover to celebrate the resurrection of arguably the most recognized and respected religious figure on the planet -- and I don't mean Oprah.

That little plan didn't exactly materialize the way I had envisioned. In fact, I only really accomplished the 'slam a few beers' part. Who wants to buy their own Easter basket? Not this guy. That's about as pathetic as looking for dates on Craigslist. I'm not at that point in my life yet.

I hope whoever reads this enjoys their own Easter break, even if you date people on the internet.



No comments:

Post a Comment